Day Zero, The Flight

April 27, 2019

First entry, 23:44PST/15:44JST

Woke up, did some final packing, caught a ride with Patches and Steiner to the airport (but first currency exchange for me). Pulled some money so I would be able to actually buy on landing.

After running into Steiner like four times before he realized his plane was boarding, I finally got to board my plane. Japan Airlines, JL0067.

Got on, was fed, watched John Wick 2 (good movie, dog doesn’t get killed), played on my phone a bit, passed out at some point, woke up an hour before meal 2, then sat and waited for landing.

I am tired of this sun. We’ve literally been chasing it since take off. 10 hours, its been in mostly the same position the whole time. The literal longest day I’ve ever had.

Niiso said he would meet me at Narita, but i don’t know if he knows how long customs will take. I hope it’s quicker than last time, but Golden Week.

I may not have internet for a while, as I don’t have a pocket wifi yet, nor do I know if my phone is fully compatible with the networks. I had a Nexus 5X last time I was here. The phone i have is the older sibling that refuses to die; the Nexus 5. Will continue writing until I get internet access.

Until I land, this is end of entry one. I’ll write about each day then post it before sleeping, but separate by entries per post.

Second entry, 22:25JST

Once I landed, I got situated through quarantine, immigration and customs. No issues except my plane didn’t give me my papers to fill out, so I had to scramble to find some. I eventually did at the cost of looking like a fool. They have them in 5 different places, and the customs declaration forms are AFTER the immigration part. Note that for future reference.

I had to rent a wifi on the spot so I could communicate with Niiso. I was an hour late because of customs and had to immediately find him. If you read this, I’m sorry my dude.

He ended up taking me down the blue line to Shimbashi, and after a few seat switching shenanigans, we arrived. I told him I usually walk to my hotel from Shimbashi, so we went about.

It never occurred to me how fat I am until I saw him visibly shivering in 50 degree weather. I was only wearing a tee-shirt at the time, so it suddenly hit me that damn, i should lose weight. Maybe my trip here will help kickstart that.

I checked into the hotel and fought with my card. I had never set a pin on it, but a single guess was all it took. I dropped my stuff off and went out to eat with Niiso.We got some bowls (I think mine was Tuna?), some damn nice karaage chicken and some fried what I assume is cucumber. He wouldn’t let me pay, even after threat of fighting him. I’ll get him one day.

He then took me to Don Quixote. Holy crap. Patches I’m taking you to Don Quixote before I leave. Period. You will be pissed.

He then walked me to the hotel again, where we parted ways. I switched to slippers and took my first poop in Japan. I miss these toilets so much. That’s where I sit right now while writing this 2nd entry. My wifi dongle is upstairs, so I can’t post this just yet. I’m gonna go take a shower and enjoy my peach strong zero in the shower. Shower beer in Japan. Hell yes.

End of second entry. Have a shower beer.Final entry for day zero, 23:35JST

Shower beer was a mistake. Jack Diagonals with Niiso and then strong zero (sucks by the way) was a baaaaaad move on my part.

Ate my jelly things I got at Don Quixote, had some royal milk tea (bless), and now I’m in bed. Alarm set for 8:20JST.

OTE out.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.